Last Saturday, I was in nyc still. A friend of mine from down here was up there having something at her home church in Harlem, and invited a number of people. I went to support. I also went because it was the first thing I did in NYC with friends and NOT family for almost the entire time I was up there. It was def good to see old friends and I even sent some stuff back with my roommates so I wouldn't have to carry it on the greyhound. But there was on random person there. The main girls cousin. Last May, her and her cousin stayed at our apt for a couple days. And sadly, her cousin was interested in me. Although I didn't care for her, I was nice and cordial and sorta thought whether I could/should try to see if I could actually feel anything for a g...g...girl. The first night she slept in my bed, I think I was IM'ing gay friends on my phone. The second night, I wsa somewhat nicer and I guess I sorta cuddled with her. It was more of a forcing myself to try. I think her cousin gave her my #, but she didn't ahve a cell so she soon could no longer contact me. She also went through random things in baltimore so I hadn't seen her since. SO Last saturday, she was all nice and stuff. And I definitely wasn't as courteous as I should have been. So that was a weird flashback to the changes that had occurred in my life.
Sunday we took our youngest brother back to his boarding academy near syracuse. We left late as usual, and was in a minivan with our grandmother for the better part of 14 hours. It was interesting and wasn't as bad as it could have been. Monday, more stuff from the to do list, and I was able to help my younger get much needed stuff, since he gets lost in the mix, and may get neglected at times. Then we met with a realtor to possibly make steps to buy a house... in me and my sister-in-law's name. Tuesday, we didn't accomplish much, cuz the older brother didn't sleep(since he works at night) and then when we attempted to get stuff done, our uncle was having an emergency so that afternoon was spent in the hospitall emergency waiting room. Wednesday, we did get to talk with the insurance people, and after a faith-filled runa dn attempt to catch my bus, I made it. I was late, and had to flag the bus down half a block away... but I got on and made it back to DC in time for Nellie's trivia with a couple friends. (not the usual trivialites, real friends, Sean and Ian).
Afterwards when we were talking, Ian said a few not-so-random things about other people, and it was a mirror to my own life. I guess I'm not the only one who feels and acts in a certain way, but I wonder if I will be able to overcome those types of issues. Thursday was awesome. I went back to work and was just accomplishing things left and right, and was feeling motivated to do much. After work, I was able to volunteer again with Food and Friends thru BCV. Then I came home, and in between cleaning my room, doing laundry, the trash and the dishes, (its amazing how the dishes and trash and kitchen were completely unkempt since I was not around... :-/), I was able to also workout. Crossing items off the mental to-do list was awesome. Then as I was winding down... I got the facebook message from my sister-in-law, which was a "Facebook says you like MEN... what does that mean??". So before bed I attempted to respond as best as I could. And I have yet to get a response.
This brings us to Friday. I got to work on time-ish 9:00, and I got to play basketball again. I sucked it up, not running for a month def took away my speed and hustle. I was able to accomplish even more at work, and I'm definitely on pace to complete my deadline, even with the holiday and nyc detour for the past 4 weeks. After work, I came home, cleaned some more and then napped. it being friday, and my SDA-ness I wasn't going to go OUT. Yet fridays' are also high time to get haircuts from our friend with barber shop skills. So as we waited for him to get off work, I decided to hit up a friend. This friend has been like a little brother to my oldest brother. Everytime I've been nyc, it seems, he has always been hanging around. So our family seemed to be the brother's he never had. I randomly hit him up on AIM, and long story short... I allowed him to "come out" to me. So we IM'ed for most of the night and we were both able to share our thoughts and stories. Its sorta wierd, cuz I feel this need to be like a "role model" and I tried to make things as nice and understanding as possible. So this was an interesting first full week of the new year. Seems things are moving... not sure where to, but we'll see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment