I couldn't think of a good enough topic for todays installment, so I figured why not answer the basic question of why I even blog. Hopefully, this will help the readers understand my writing a little more, and give new perspective to each post.
Blogging is my way to share whats going on in my head, with the hope of informing my friends and sometimes creating a discussion. With work, life and all of our busy schedules there isn't always time for sharing random thoughts or ponderings or questions about life. So when I blog, I have this goal of just putting things out there, and then there is sometimes a connected hope of growth, change, finding answers, etc... I know some people blog for personal reasons, and/or wouldn't publicize what they write and I can somewhat understand. But I don't live in a bubble and an outside perspective can oftentimes help.
Based on online comments, or chats or in-person conversations, I'd say 12 people may read the majority of my posts. So when I do blog, my posts can sometimes be targeted. Blogging for is a semi-public way to share my perspective on the world. The site may be public to anyone in the world, but I don't think any random midwesterner or foreign person who reads this, would know who I am. And if they did, it somewhat doesn't matter. I'm writing to those 12. They are friends and know me. We've hung out, talked, made some good memories, and probably took pictures. Its you guys that matter. Sometimes it may seem like I'm singling out people, but mostly that's not the case. There have been very few instances where I did, but I probably was venting at the time, and I know those people do not even read my blog. Other times people may be mentioned, but its never to blame, condemn, or some way to lash out.
If anything, its cause for discussion. Its me showing a perspective, hoping that the readers can share some insight. I see the world from my view, and sometimes I try to look from another's view, but its still my mind doing it. As this month continues, and I write more often then usual, I hope we can all enjoy the ride. So welcome in, feel free to take off your shoes, have a seat, get comfortable. Speak up! Questions, comments, complaints are always welcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment