This sucks. In some ways, more than others. I always try to be as productive or efficient as possible. You never what life has in store, so I try to get the most out of each week or day. This week was definitely not a week to be sick. The race, random new work assignments with quick deadlines, my own personal Android development plan, HRC phonebanking, a trivia reunion, hanging out with friends, my roommates birthday, daylight savings time, and Halloween. So many hopes in the oppurtunites there for fun, for hanging with friends, and creating new memories. But it's all been put to sick.
Tuesday started with a sore throat, and by midday headaches and bodyaches. I left work early, and could barely finish the trek home. I felt like I should tell the few people who responded to the race invite, but I couldn't even manage that. The next 16 hours were spent sleeping mostly, waking up every 2 hours, with a headache and body pains, to get water, OJ, pee breaks, and take whatever meds were there, all to no avail. It sucked cuz I couldn't even manage to watch TV, look at my laptop or even try and use my phone.Finally the next morning, I just told my roommate to take me to the hospital, since no home medicines were working, and its hard to do anything when EVERYTHING hurts. They gave me a shot, a couple prescriptions and sent me on my way. Best part was the prescription pain meds did their thing, so that made things much more bearable. I was finally able to sleep better after that, and could even watch TV. On Friday, my temperature finally, although it was only temporary, fell under 100 and thats where it remains. Now the aches are gone, the headache is almost gone, fever is gone, but I still have a sore throat, so everyday I hope that when I wake, it'll disappear.
So being sick, the whole week was basically unproductive, and definitely not awesome. I randomly got texts from people who were doing things, and I couldn't join. I watched my roommates and friends go to church, knnowing of the surprise birthday potluck, and realizing I would be missing out. Reading facebook statuses and messages, and tweets, and seeing photos of everything I was missing... Part of me, said maybe I should just go... I'm not as bad as before, right? But I realized that was me being selfish, I'm home not only cuz I want to get better, but also cuz I don't want to cause others to get sick. So home I stayed. I got to watch all the excitement of people getting ready to go out for my roommates birthday. I had a front row view, of my roommate having a blast pre-gaming, as I said no to all the fun.
Thrn I thought about past years and roommate birthdays and halloween weekends and parties. I wondered if I wasn't sick, how would the week have went? Would I have done everything I wanted/hoped for? Would the people whose company I wanted, actually been there? Would I have shortchanged my roommates as somewhat usual(sadly), and gone to hang out with other friends or at least in a gay environment? Who knows? So I guess what I'm sayingis that it definitely sucks to be forced to have no options, yet at least the decision is made, and I know that my choice WAS the right thing to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment