A number of weeks ago, I posted the words from this plaque as a blog. There weren't any actual comments on it, and it sorta fell by the wayside. A week ago Saturday, I had this facebook status: "Justin Dominic M wonders what I'm doing wrong? or maybe I'm just not changing with the times?" A number of things came together, on the inside and outside, which made me write that status. It just seems that a number of friendships have changed or are changing. Sometimes, I can see the reason, othertimes I can not. Certain people, I just stopped initiating contact and that's why things changed. In a couple other cases, other circumstances might have changed and we no longer communicate in the same manner. The dynamics have changed and/or my "place" in the group. In life, things change... so it makes me wonder how/if I need to change to make up for the difference. I guess thats one of the biggest challenges of life, how to continuously embrace change and grow in such a manner that is productive. (now would be a place/reason to comment) Who knows? And thats where I wonder what I'm doing wrong?
Its like certain people and/or relationships provided certain things. Maybe they inspired, or challenged me to grow, or provided the atmosphere of growing, or allowed me to share and be open, or just a comfortable setting to chill and relax, or a place to learn and ask questions or discover new insight. These relationship changes or evolutions are expected in life, I guess. I think what I'm doing wrong is not changing accordingly? Maybe I'm trying to set up an "old" situation, something that worked in the past. However, it is a "new" relationship, so the old ways don't and shouldn't suffice anymore?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment