When I asked for possible blog ideas, my roommate gave the following comment:
"I would love you hear about you fitness habits. Whether or not you are totally happy with them, sharing the diet and exercise habits would be helpful!" So I feel like today would be a good time to start. Ever since I was sick the other week, I have not played basketball or worked out at all. So the only exercise I've done was walking to the metro and thats about. However, since new week is beginning I'm gonna get back on that train especially cuz the holidays are around the corner.
Firstly, I have never a physical trainer at all. In my last year at college (05-06), I took the PE class, where we had to "train" as homework and get to a certain level by the final exam. This started me on my working out, and I have tried to do it regularly ever since. When I started, I started out at the bottom, doing any machine at a manageable weight, and over time increased the weights, reps, sets, etc...
Here is a list of what I'd do at the gym all together:
Arms:
Arm curl nautilus machine: 2-3 sets of 8-10 reps somewhere between 80-110 lbs
Tricep pushdown: 3-4 sets of 8-12 reps between 40-50 lbs
Shoulder press nautilus: 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps at 90-110 lbs
Single Arm curl with free weights: 2-3 sets of 8 reps at 25 lbs
Single arm curl nautilus: 2-3 sets of 8-10 reps at 50-70 lbs
Back:
Lat machine pulldown: 2-3 sets of 10-15 reps at 90-110 lbs
Lat row: 2-3 sets of 8-10 reps at 60-90 lbs
Back extension machine: 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps at 140 lbs
*Back/arm pulldown nautils: 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps at 110-130 lbs
Chest:
Butterfly nautilus: 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps are 70-90 lbs
Bench press nautilus: 3-4 sets of 6-10 reps at 140-190 lbs
Inclined press nautilus: 3-4 sets of 7-10 reps with 90-120 +bar
*bench butterfly - 3-4 sets of 7-10 reps at 70 lbs
*chest press - 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps at 110-140 lbs
*pec deck - 3-4 sets of 8-10 reps at 40-60 lbs
Legs:
Inner thigh nautilus and outer thigh: 2-4 sets of 8-10 reps at 40-60 lbs
Leg extensions and leg curls: 2-4 sets of 8-10 reps at 90-110 lbs
Leg press: 2-4 sets of 8-10 reps at 180 lbs + bar
Abs:
reverse crunches: 4-5 sets of 20-35 reps
Basic crunches: 3-5 sets of 20-35 reps alternating sides during reps 2 & 4
Those are all the workouts I'd probably do. However, I can be lazy and I usually don't try to over exert myself. So Sundays I'd do the most. Probably chest, arms, abs and maybe legs. I might actually be in the gym for an hour. Mondays I'd try to go to this "Core" workout class at work. Its 20 minutes of exercises that target the midsection, abs mainly, but also the back. Tuesdays, I'd either do chest or arms, depending on how I'm feeling and if up for it. Wednesdays, I'd do the "core" class again, and also the back and maybe arms. Thursdays, I'm back to chest if anything. and Fridays are definitely iffy, but I may attempt to worn on the back. Saturdays I never work out.
I must say that I only make it to the gym 3-4 times a week. And sometimes I definitely get stuck do the lower amount of those workout, and try to be in and out of the gym in 20 minutes. I also play basketball mondays, wednesdays and fridays during the lunch hour. So there are times when I'm just too tired to do anything. And sometimes if I force myself to workout again on those days, I'm definitely taking the next day off.
So that's that. Its taken me four years to get to this point. If I were more serious, I'd be further along. But I really don't care that much. My advice to anyone who may want it, is to just get there. Get inside a gym, and once you're there start on something, start small, and try to be consistent. Eventually things will work out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment