Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Failure...

Seems yesterday, I failed on two accounts. Firstly and obviously, I didn't write a blog yesterday. I didn't have anything really to write tho, (excuse #1). Work was somewhat busy, even during my nap hour, so I couldn't blog then, especially knowing I had today off, (excuse #2). After work I went to this interesting panel discussion titled "Homophobia in the Black Church". I even took notes and thought about using them as a blog. But I didn't think it'd make sense, AND I figured I could put more effort in and use it in a later blog, (excuse #4).
My second failure was with my budget. In recent months, I've talked about setting priorities and goals. Well I've been more focused on saving money. Due to certain family things in september, and the following October credit card bill. My access to cash is quite low. So before going out yesterday, I took from my savings account. It wasn't much money, (excuse #1). I'm gonna replace it next week(excuse #2). Its just like me using my credit card (excuse #3). I deserve to do that, its a holiday!!!!(excuse #4).

In both cases, I had multiple valid, justifiable excuses. I could easily not care and go on. But its still a failure in my book. I did something that I promised myself I wouldn't, and I acknowledge it. However, I'm not gonna let that get me down, let this battle make me give up the war.

Anyways, I'll end on a quote I heard back in July at church:
"Excuses are the tool of the incompetent. Those who excel at excuses, will often not excel at anything else."

No comments: