Thursday, September 25, 2008

Now Press Repeat



This is a special Now Press Repeat edition. I'm going to include three songs that i thoroughly enjoy and add them to the page.

First off is Santogold. A lot of people call her a fake-me-out M.I.A. but I think she's pretty neato without the comparison. Her beats are smoother than M.I.A.'s and she doesn't force feed you the rhythm down your throat, while still be innovative. Her real name is Santi White and she picked up the name Santogold after acquiring the pet name in grade school by some friends. Her self-titled debut album came out this year and many of her songs have been picked up by commercials like Bud Light Lime and showcased on Gossip Girl a couple times. Today's song pick (which wasn't easy btw) will be two of her big ones, Lights Out & L.E.S. Artistes.

As for our third pick of the week I choose the Jonas Brothers' Lovebug. I think this song is soo catchy and its def. packaged well to make it big on the radio...my favourite part is when it picks up at the end. (Yeah I'm a little 15 year old girl inside!) Anyway...Ch-Che-Check it out!!


No comments: