And just like that... half the year is gone. As I think about the past months, I revisit the 6 personal resolutions/goals I made way back in January.
1. I will define my ethics, morals, dreams, and goals. And DO what needs to be done, to BE who I need to.
Well, I didn't proactive "define" things. So I may have slacked off a few times on this one. But as time passes, I'll do better.
2. I need to congratulate myself when credit is due, and be proud of who I am and what I have done right.
- I'm not fully sure what the "goal" was here. But I think I've been a little better at accepting myself, tho a few fears/resistances do remain.
3. I will figure out what my "type" is, and learn how to be honest about what I want and open with what may not work...
- I'm still a little unsure, but I'm definitely being able to filter things out that I do NOT want. I've gone through trial and error, so this was a good success.
4. I need to schedule priorities and tasks, and do them regardless of those circumstances.
- Well, I have been making more decisions and just going regardless of the time, money, weather, and excuses to people. So i'm closer to my goals, here as well.
5. I need to treat str8 friends the way they deserve even if I may not be able to be completely open with them.
- Considering I've barely hung out with them in the past 1.5 months... I may be slipping in this department, but in time I may regain balance.
6. I need to start to see friends for how they want to be seen.
- A hard lesson to learn. But I'm just getting the hang of it. Especially as I was trying to get people to give input for my bday. I realized I'm wanting certain people to be better friends than they really are. But I have also met some new-ish people who can show the truth about themselves.
So three I have made positive progress in, and three not so much. So as the rest of the year progresses, I've got those goals to work on.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment