Sunday, June 15, 2008

Pride!!!

This has been a very high energy and packed month. While still recovering from NYC and Colbert, another weekend came, and this time it was DC pride. This was the best Pride I've been to ever. (True its only my second, but whatever). It was really fun, and the whole weekend was jam-packed with good times and people.

Looking back, I can truly see the growth that has taken place within and with-out of me. 2 years ago... I couldn't even walk through the circle, and I didn't know any gay person at all. Last year, wasn't too bad at all and I stuck with one group the whole time, and randomly saw a few different friends. This year was very different. I was able to hang out with new friends, old friends and random friends, separately and together. This was a big step, cause usually I'd be in the background and go with whatever crowd I start with, but now I was coordinating my group and taking a more active role. It's the whole idea of "pride" and "self-confidence". Certain situations in my life, and some of the new people around me, and a few outside resources have shown me more of myself. And has helped me grow, in my on skin. Also, getting to know more people, has helped me understand the "ways of the world", and I've adjusted my own views to account for the differences.

All in all, it was an awesome time. There are changes taking place, and less inner resistance. The next stage is difficult, but maybe now the foundation is ready. We'll see...

Thanks to you all for making this past Pride Weekend pretty awesome. Even if we didn't get to chill for too long. You all have made this the best pride weekend ever, and I'm glad I had the chance to see you and enjoy your company. Hope it was as good for you, as it was for me, lol. Thanks for being you!!

Justin

PS - Pay attention to the weekends before and after the July 10. Its my bday, and it'd be awesome if you were able to attend whatever it is that I do.

No comments: