Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Memorial Day weekend part 2

I was supposed to write this the other day... but whatever. Sunday rolls around and I'm ready for Taint. Since I have nothing better to do and the roommates work sunday mornings, I get up, work out, eat breakfast, and do some cleaning all before 12, with the hopes of heading out to DC soon after. However, everyone and their mother are not in town, headed to a bbq or picnic, or not responding at all. So I just stay home and play video games for a while. Later my roommate comes in with his "african concubine" so I'm like, maybe I should leave.
Finally around 5, I leave the house. I tell a few people I'm gonna be in DC, and hope that they will make it out or something. I get to dupont after 6, and remember that the black pride festival, ends at 5. I walk around for a lil towards 17th street, then pick up a metro weekly. I realize the festival actually ends at 6. I'm still late, but there is hope yet. As I walk back through the circle... I see sam and his friend. I grab the metro weekly, and cover my face. Then, I suspiciously walk up next to them, and take seat, with my face buried in the magazine. Somehow they knew it was me, and took a picture. So we hung out at the circle for a while, and inadvertently made this creepy dude think we were taking pictures of him. At which point, he made a ruckus.
As we continued to walk around I get a text from Brian, older dude who does karoake...A LOT. I figure I'll respond later. A few minutes later, who do I see at DIK. Brian. I say hi make small talk, and go back to sam. At that moment, sam decides to put his arm around me and his other friend as we walk down the street. And I can't help but wonder what goes through Brian's mind, lol. At the border of the gay section(17th and P), we stop cuz someone says hi to sam. As we are there, I see this dude walking up the street. He looks familiar... but how. I don't say anything as he walks past us. He's cute in "happy-go-lucky" way. I then realize I have seen him before... at work. Does this mean he's gay, i'm not one to jump to conclusions, but I'm definitely gonna make sure I say Hi to him, if I see him out there or even at work.
Sam offers to give me a ride to freddies, as they make their drive home. In the car, his friend offers me Natural Cheetos, I decline cuz I don't eat cheese anymore. Then, she offers me a Rocher's chocolate, and again I declince saying I don't like chocolate. She tells her fear of meat story, and a meat challenge she completed, and I let her coax me into trying the chocolate. And the deal was i had to get all the way into the nut center. It was terrible at first, and didn't get much better. Although it wasn't as bad as I expected, and i ended up eating almost all of it, cuz the taste was already in my mouth, so why not.
Anyways, I met up with Cait and Matt, who I know through Kevin at freddies. Its the first time I've been since July, when I also went with them. They're cool peoples and the drag show was ok-ish. They "performed" for like 40 seconds, then walked around for the rest of each song collecting bills. However, this one "queen" had really good implants, really good. We even questioned her masculinity. We left there around 11:15 and walked to a nearby McDs and chilled. I checked the metro schedule and the last one was leaving crystal city at 11:46. We left McDs at 11:30, and the time soon jumped to 11:37. And the metro station is like 4-5 blocks away. So I say bye, and run my but off. I make it in time, and with 3 minutes to spare.
I get off at U st, cuz I'm heading to Tiant. Zack, Rick and some other people are there, so I'm good. Taint was alright that night, I mainly chilled and hung out with the group I knew. And continue to drink, cuz Zack kept goin to the bar and coming back with 3 drinks and telling us to take. Afterwards, they all were going to go eat. however, everyone else except zack lives in VA. And he was going to stay over one of their houses, i guess. So they left, and i decided to go back in. taint soon closed down, and I didn't see any familiar faces, or any highly approachable people. So I walk to an ATm and get cash, and after flagging down 3-4 cabs, I finally find one will to drive to MD, I hop in and the night is done.

No comments: