Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Brokebacking It For Memorial Day


I hate the font Times New Romans. It really irks the hell out of me and I never ever use it. Even if I'm just typing myself a quick note on Stickies or something I have have have to change the font to something a lot more appealing to the eye. Times New Romans is hideous!! Helvetica is my fave when I'm on my Macbook, and the shoddy PCs here don't provide such a luxury, so I use Arial, which isn't half bad. But I'm over that.

I just finally got around to reading Justin's Memorial Day Weekend posts, after deciding that working in an enviroment that isn't sufficiently [is that spelled correctly? The little red lines are showing up. P3niS. See!] Anyway, my job isn't sufficiently air conditioned right now so I decided to come to back and update all on my weekend. Having a partial headache doesn't help much either. That's the kind that only hurts on one side of your brain. Today it's the left side.

Memorial Day Weekend Sheninagans started Friday evening after work. Travis picked me up and we headed to my place so I could finish packing for the weekend and pick up my clothing that needed to be washed, which was gonna be done at his place. An hour later, he's having a beer at some asian place and I'm waiting on the street in front of my house. I graciously take this time to call some friends (Sorry Justin by some friends I mean I only got to Leila) to say my possibly final goodbyes. I figured I'd get eaten by a bear or die of internet-deprivation. It's a real disease, look it up!! Anyway, we down redbulls on the way to his place, blasting The Veronicas-Hook Me Up album. A quickstop at Giant for some much needed necessities [sp?] (travis doesn't own lotion and only has one type of shampoo...and NO CONDITIONER! btw he had the audacity to tell me I would save money if I bought the combo Shampoo/Conditioner thing. I gave him a dirty look.) We drink, dance to Bedtime Stories by Madonna and romp around =]. Saturday morning Rae, Travis' bestie wakes us up at the ungodly hour of 8 and we semi pack, dress, and get out the house. Meanwhile, Travis' dog Mojito chews on something rubbery, which turns out...to be a condom. EWWWWWWW. dogs are tres nast yo! Sooooo...long story short:


-3 hour drive


-get campsite in western MD


-unpack


-build tent for the first time


-make a fire for the umpteenth time, [i was a pyro in my younger days]


-grill sausages


-drink beer and play card games including King's Cup which i taught to Rae and Trav


-drunk


-sleep


-hear wild turkeys in the middle of the night while freezing my ass off in the cold while they turn out to be not wild turkeys, but racoons


-awake


-shower and dress


-movie [trav brought his laptop so we could watch movies]


-paddleboat on the lake for an hour...good times...drank beer


-drive 45 minutes to swallow falls


-take pix and walk around


-drive back


-discover Sunday Blue Laws and have a panic attack


-feen for beer back at campsite


-drive back to campsite


-drink, grill steak, drink some more, eat and talk


-drunk again


-brokeback in the tent ;]


-sleep


-dream of wild turkeys


-awake


-pack


-grab breakfast on the drive home, change clothes and wash face


-home by noon-30


-take a real shower


-sex


-watch tv


-sex


-shower again


-dress and go to Trav's friend's BBQ


-drink, eat, and smoke


-buzzed and high


-leave and blast madonna in the car [hard candy]


-walk and talk and bond w. travis


-drive home, blissful that I really do love him


-home


-catch up on gossip blogs, myspace and facebook and ichat


-sleep


-next day work


and there you have it folks. it was a great beginning for what I believe to be will be an awesome summer. I totally outlined my weekend because if i gave all the deets we'd be here from now till Labour Day, and plus, I gots a life. So until next time kids...

No comments: