At Nates funeral services and stuff, a number of different people talked and shared stories/experiences/memories of Nate. It was so interesting that it like a skipping record. Everyone said basically the same things he did everything 100%, setting the highest standards for himself, always wanted to better, he likes planes so he got his pilots license and flew them, liked motorcycles drove them and just bought a harley, meticulous and professional with his presentation even made comments to his bosses when they weren't up to par... then people would mention how he was just an inspiration for them to be better, he set a good example and had high standards, and those forced people to look within and push themselves.
I looked into my own life and doings, and I wonder what could be said of me. Am I truly consistent? Would the VA gays, MD gays, co-workers, old school friends, family and others all see me in the same way? I don't think so. Seems I can be very "situational". Certain times I'll be one way, and not at other times. I'm not really sure as the exact conditions that make me more/less shy or comfortable or whatever, but I am going to try and notice. More importantly, I'm going to try and be consistent in social situations and in other areas of life.
Consistency, is my goal for the month and I'll talk more about that later...
No comments:
Post a Comment