Continuing from my last post .
Originally I was going to mention what its like balancing time between gay and straight friends. Having to hopefully map out weekends in advance, so I don't miss any important things, and I can be there for the people I consider "friends". However, as I was on my way home, I had this change of perspective.
I realized on some level, I was complaining about having friends. "Poor me... I oftentimes have to choose between sets of good friends." Yet, I realized I'm amazingly lucky to do that. Some people came to this area on their own, without knowing anyone at all. I'm here and am connected into a few different networks of people and have good friends in each. Basically if I was proactive, and made the first move, I could easily hang with cool people and good friends, whenever I want. That is something I very much take for granted... and I'm very thankful for it.
I look at the last week leading up to Thanksgiving. Saturday, I was with my brothers on a road trip-ish. Sunday, I came back and went to a pre-Thanksgiving dinner with roommates and good friends. Monday, I saw a movie with friends in VA. Tuesday, I caught up with an old friend from NY and played Halo with them. Wednesday, was a fun chill day with work friends. Followed by hanging out with other friends in VA. Followed by going to WTF? at Town to meet up with Freddy and the guys. Followed by taking a bus up to NYC for the holiday. Of course last week was special, and not particularly a common thing, but just the fact that it can happen truly humbles me and makes me grateful for all the people in my life!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment