Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Getting more closet space?

I've been out for 6 months(out-ish for 7). The only mention of it, outside of family, has been from roommates, my barber/friend, and one other friend. Through very few random conversations with one roommate, I have learned that a number of people have approached him/them about me. They haven't approached at all, and taking their demographics into consideration, I can guess why.

I guess its when/how do I not just get out of the closet, but when do I step into life. When do, or should I even, turn to these friends with a relationship question or ask for advice. Or tell them that I'm interested in someone, if that be the case. I look at the past, pre- and post- closet, and can see the asking of less questions, if any, which makes me think that maybe I shouldn't proactively state anything. Yet, I also look at myself pre- and post- closet. Before my answers were definitely limited and general to basically avoid the subject. Old habits die hard. So I wonder if I have just gotten out of the closet, to hide in my room, or am I going to make the choice to embrace life and the people/friendships around me. Maybe I'm just needing to do a little bit more growing.

No comments: